What Do You Guys Actually Do on Rest Days?
I’ve never been sure where to draw the line on off-days. Sometimes I’ll get a walk in, do some stretching, maybe a little mobility work. Other times I’m completely useless on the couch šŸ˜‚. What’s your usual move when you’re taking a day off from lifting?
Re: What Do You Guys Actually Do on Rest Days?
MartinRbrt wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2026 5:22 pm I’ve never been sure where to draw the line on off-days. Sometimes I’ll get a walk in, do some stretching, maybe a little mobility work. Other times I’m completely useless on the couch šŸ˜‚. What’s your usual move when you’re taking a day off from lifting?
I’m usually a walk-and-stretch guy. Nothing crazy, just enough to keep moving.
Re: What Do You Guys Actually Do on Rest Days?
Depends how beat up I am. If I’m feeling decent, I’ll walk 30–40 mins. If everything hurts, I’m parked on the couch šŸ˜‚.
Re: What Do You Guys Actually Do on Rest Days?
MartinRbrt wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2026 5:22 pm I’ve never been sure where to draw the line on off-days. Sometimes I’ll get a walk in, do some stretching, maybe a little mobility work. Other times I’m completely useless on the couch šŸ˜‚. What’s your usual move when you’re taking a day off from lifting?
Light mobility is money for me. Hips, shoulders, ankles, a little stretching. Takes maybe 10–15 minutes and I feel less stiff the next day.
Re: What Do You Guys Actually Do on Rest Days?
I used to think a rest day meant doing absolutely nothing. Now I’d rather get some easy steps in and call it good. Definitely don’t need another hard workout.
Re: What Do You Guys Actually Do on Rest Days?
For me, walking is the sweet spot. I’ll throw on a podcast and just wander around for a while. Doesn’t feel like ā€œtraining,ā€ but I’m not sitting all day either.
Re: What Do You Guys Actually Do on Rest Days?
That’s pretty much where I’m leaning too. I don’t want my rest day turning into another workout, but sitting around all day makes me feel stiff as hell.
Re: What Do You Guys Actually Do on Rest Days?
I take actual rest pretty seriously. šŸ˜‚ If I’ve been pushing hard all week, sometimes the best recovery tool is food, a shower, and doing absolutely jack shit.
Re: What Do You Guys Actually Do on Rest Days?
I’ll usually do some light mobility while watching TV. Nothing structured just whatever feels tight. It’s become more of a habit than a workout.
Re: What Do You Guys Actually Do on Rest Days?
Sleep is my priority on those days. If I’m tired, I’m not forcing cardio just because I feel like I should be active. Get some extra sleep, eat well, and come back ready to train.
Post Reply