I’ve never been sure where to draw the line on off-days. Sometimes I’ll get a walk in, do some stretching, maybe a little mobility work. Other times I’m completely useless on the couch
. What’s your usual move when you’re taking a day off from lifting?
I’m usually a walk-and-stretch guy. Nothing crazy, just enough to keep moving.MartinRbrt wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2026 5:22 pm I’ve never been sure where to draw the line on off-days. Sometimes I’ll get a walk in, do some stretching, maybe a little mobility work. Other times I’m completely useless on the couch. What’s your usual move when you’re taking a day off from lifting?
Depends how beat up I am. If I’m feeling decent, I’ll walk 30–40 mins. If everything hurts, I’m parked on the couch
.
Light mobility is money for me. Hips, shoulders, ankles, a little stretching. Takes maybe 10–15 minutes and I feel less stiff the next day.MartinRbrt wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2026 5:22 pm I’ve never been sure where to draw the line on off-days. Sometimes I’ll get a walk in, do some stretching, maybe a little mobility work. Other times I’m completely useless on the couch. What’s your usual move when you’re taking a day off from lifting?
I used to think a rest day meant doing absolutely nothing. Now I’d rather get some easy steps in and call it good. Definitely don’t need another hard workout.
For me, walking is the sweet spot. I’ll throw on a podcast and just wander around for a while. Doesn’t feel like “training,” but I’m not sitting all day either.
That’s pretty much where I’m leaning too. I don’t want my rest day turning into another workout, but sitting around all day makes me feel stiff as hell.
I take actual rest pretty seriously.
If I’ve been pushing hard all week, sometimes the best recovery tool is food, a shower, and doing absolutely jack shit.
I’ll usually do some light mobility while watching TV. Nothing structured just whatever feels tight. It’s become more of a habit than a workout.
Sleep is my priority on those days. If I’m tired, I’m not forcing cardio just because I feel like I should be active. Get some extra sleep, eat well, and come back ready to train.
