When Life Stress Starts Messing With Your Gains
Anybody else notice their workouts feel way worse when life gets hectic? 😅
Hard training is one thing, but throw in work stress, crappy sleep, and a busy schedule and recovery can take a hit fast. What do you guys do to stay recovered and keep stress from messing with your progress?
Re: When Life Stress Starts Messing With Your Gains
Sleep, bro. 😂 If I’m running on 5 hours, everything feels heavier and recovery goes straight out the window.
Re: When Life Stress Starts Messing With Your Gains
GibsonTer wrote: ↑Mon Sep 14, 2026 2:52 pm Anybody else notice their workouts feel way worse when life gets hectic? 😅
Hard training is one thing, but throw in work stress, crappy sleep, and a busy schedule and recovery can take a hit fast. What do you guys do to stay recovered and keep stress from messing with your progress?
I used to just train harder whenever I was stressed. Now I’ll back off a little if I’m smoked. Usually works better than forcing a garbage workout.
Re: When Life Stress Starts Messing With Your Gains
Walking helps me a lot. Even 20 minutes after work clears my head before I hit the gym.
Re: When Life Stress Starts Messing With Your Gains
Caffeine is a sneaky one too. If I’m already stressed and smashing pre-workout all day, I’m basically making things worse lol.
Re: When Life Stress Starts Messing With Your Gains
I stopped treating every workout like a damn competition. Get the work done, eat, recover, repeat. Not every session needs to be a PR day.
Re: When Life Stress Starts Messing With Your Gains
That’s pretty much what I’m realizing too. When work gets crazy and sleep goes to hell, trying to add more volume usually just makes me feel even more beat up. I’m starting to think adjusting the training is smarter than trying to push through everything.
Re: When Life Stress Starts Messing With Your Gains
Deloads. Took me forever to realize they’re actually useful. 😂
Re: When Life Stress Starts Messing With Your Gains
For me it’s mostly food and sleep. If I’m under-eating while training hard, I can definitely feel it in my recovery and mood.
Re: When Life Stress Starts Messing With Your Gains
I’ll take a rest day without feeling guilty now. One missed workout isn’t killing your gains. Being run down for weeks is a different story.
Post Reply