Hard training is one thing, but throw in work stress, crappy sleep, and a busy schedule and recovery can take a hit fast. What do you guys do to stay recovered and keep stress from messing with your progress?
Anybody else notice their workouts feel way worse when life gets hectic? 
Hard training is one thing, but throw in work stress, crappy sleep, and a busy schedule and recovery can take a hit fast. What do you guys do to stay recovered and keep stress from messing with your progress?
Hard training is one thing, but throw in work stress, crappy sleep, and a busy schedule and recovery can take a hit fast. What do you guys do to stay recovered and keep stress from messing with your progress?
Sleep, bro.
If I’m running on 5 hours, everything feels heavier and recovery goes straight out the window.
I used to just train harder whenever I was stressed. Now I’ll back off a little if I’m smoked. Usually works better than forcing a garbage workout.GibsonTer wrote: ↑Mon Sep 14, 2026 2:52 pm Anybody else notice their workouts feel way worse when life gets hectic?
Hard training is one thing, but throw in work stress, crappy sleep, and a busy schedule and recovery can take a hit fast. What do you guys do to stay recovered and keep stress from messing with your progress?
Walking helps me a lot. Even 20 minutes after work clears my head before I hit the gym.
Caffeine is a sneaky one too. If I’m already stressed and smashing pre-workout all day, I’m basically making things worse lol.
I stopped treating every workout like a damn competition. Get the work done, eat, recover, repeat. Not every session needs to be a PR day.
That’s pretty much what I’m realizing too. When work gets crazy and sleep goes to hell, trying to add more volume usually just makes me feel even more beat up. I’m starting to think adjusting the training is smarter than trying to push through everything.
Deloads. Took me forever to realize they’re actually useful. 
For me it’s mostly food and sleep. If I’m under-eating while training hard, I can definitely feel it in my recovery and mood.
I’ll take a rest day without feeling guilty now. One missed workout isn’t killing your gains. Being run down for weeks is a different story.
