How Often Are You Changing Your Program?
I used to switch things up every time I got bored. 😂 Now I’m realizing I probably wasn’t giving anything enough time to work. How long do you guys normally run a training block before making major changes?
Re: How Often Are You Changing Your Program?
Danielmk wrote: ↑Wed Sep 09, 2026 5:00 pm I used to switch things up every time I got bored. 😂 Now I’m realizing I probably wasn’t giving anything enough time to work. How long do you guys normally run a training block before making major changes?
Usually 6-8 weeks. If I’m still progressing, I leave it alone.
Re: How Often Are You Changing Your Program?
I used to change my whole program every time I got bored too. Looking back, that probably screwed me more than anything. Now I keep the main lifts consistent and only mess with accessories when I need a change.
Re: How Often Are You Changing Your Program?
Depends on the block and what I’m trying to do. I’m not married to a specific number of weeks. If the lifts are moving and recovery is good, I keep pushing.
Re: How Often Are You Changing Your Program?
Way too often 😂
I finally realized I wasn’t actually plateauing. I was just impatient.
Re: How Often Are You Changing Your Program?
That’s honestly where I’m at. I’d see somebody post a new program and think, “Damn, maybe I should be doing that instead.” Next thing you know I’m changing everything after three weeks. Tracking my lifts has made it pretty obvious that I need to chill out and give things time.
Re: How Often Are You Changing Your Program?
Danielmk wrote: ↑Wed Sep 09, 2026 11:02 pm That’s honestly where I’m at. I’d see somebody post a new program and think, “Damn, maybe I should be doing that instead.” Next thing you know I’m changing everything after three weeks. Tracking my lifts has made it pretty obvious that I need to chill out and give things time.
I’ll normally keep the basic setup for around 8-10 weeks. But I’ll swap an exercise here and there if something starts feeling beat up or I just hate doing it.
Re: How Often Are You Changing Your Program?
For me it’s less about the calendar and more about performance.
If I’m getting stronger, getting good sessions and recovering, I don't touch much. Once that stuff starts going backwards consistently, then I start looking at the program.
Re: How Often Are You Changing Your Program?
I’m probably the opposite of you lol. I hate changing stuff. Been running basically the same split for months and just trying to squeeze more reps/weight out of it.
Re: How Often Are You Changing Your Program?
I like 6-ish weeks, then I reassess. Doesn't mean I throw the whole program in the trash though. Usually it's just changing a couple movements or adjusting volume.
Post Reply