I used to switch things up every time I got bored.
Now Iām realizing I probably wasnāt giving anything enough time to work. How long do you guys normally run a training block before making major changes?
Usually 6-8 weeks. If Iām still progressing, I leave it alone.
I used to change my whole program every time I got bored too. Looking back, that probably screwed me more than anything. Now I keep the main lifts consistent and only mess with accessories when I need a change.
Depends on the block and what Iām trying to do. Iām not married to a specific number of weeks. If the lifts are moving and recovery is good, I keep pushing.
Way too often 
I finally realized I wasnāt actually plateauing. I was just impatient.
I finally realized I wasnāt actually plateauing. I was just impatient.
Thatās honestly where Iām at. Iād see somebody post a new program and think, āDamn, maybe I should be doing that instead.ā Next thing you know Iām changing everything after three weeks. Tracking my lifts has made it pretty obvious that I need to chill out and give things time.
Iāll normally keep the basic setup for around 8-10 weeks. But Iāll swap an exercise here and there if something starts feeling beat up or I just hate doing it.Danielmk wrote: āWed Sep 09, 2026 11:02 pm Thatās honestly where Iām at. Iād see somebody post a new program and think, āDamn, maybe I should be doing that instead.ā Next thing you know Iām changing everything after three weeks. Tracking my lifts has made it pretty obvious that I need to chill out and give things time.
For me itās less about the calendar and more about performance.
If Iām getting stronger, getting good sessions and recovering, I don't touch much. Once that stuff starts going backwards consistently, then I start looking at the program.
If Iām getting stronger, getting good sessions and recovering, I don't touch much. Once that stuff starts going backwards consistently, then I start looking at the program.
Iām probably the opposite of you lol. I hate changing stuff. Been running basically the same split for months and just trying to squeeze more reps/weight out of it.
I like 6-ish weeks, then I reassess. Doesn't mean I throw the whole program in the trash though. Usually it's just changing a couple movements or adjusting volume.
