I used to walk in, throw some plates on, and get straight to work.
Lately I’ve been spending 5–10 minutes getting my shoulders, hips, and knees moving first. Nothing fancy, but I definitely feel better once the heavy sets start.
Same here. I used to call warm-ups a waste of time until my shoulders started disagreeing with me.
I keep mine pretty simple now. A few minutes of walking, some movement work, then lighter sets of whatever I’m training. Nothing crazy, just enough to get the body switched on.
Warm-up sets are honestly my favorite part now. You can usually tell pretty quick if everything is moving right before you start loading the bar heavy.
I’m terrible at warming up when I’m in a hurry. Then halfway through the workout I’m wondering why everything feels stiff. 
That was basically me.
I’d be rushing to the heavy sets and wondering why my first couple working sets felt like garbage. Taking a few extra minutes has made a pretty noticeable difference.
Especially on leg day. I need my hips and knees moving before I even think about putting real weight on the bar.
I’ve started doing the same thing and honestly it makes the whole session feel smoother. I’m not doing some elaborate 30-minute mobility routine either. Just a little movement, a few warm-up sets, and I’m good to go.
Funny how we’ll spend an hour lifting but act like 5 minutes of warming up is somehow too much.
Definitely worth it if it keeps you feeling good throughout the workout.