Getting Back Without Rushing It
Coming back after an injury taught me that feeling better doesn’t always mean you’re ready to train normally again I had to reduce the weight slow down my reps & rebuild confidence in the movement. Taking a little longer to progress was frustrating but it was better than constantly irritating the same area. For me the goal became training consistently again rather than proving how strong I was.
Re: Getting Back Without Rushing It
Going lighter helped me focus on technique instead of just getting the weight up.
Re: Getting Back Without Rushing It
I learned not to compare my comeback to where I was before the injury.
Re: Getting Back Without Rushing It
My physio had me rebuild range of motion before worrying about heavier loads.
Re: Getting Back Without Rushing It
I filmed some sets & seeing my movement helped me catch things I couldn’t feel.
Re: Getting Back Without Rushing It
Man warm-ups became much more important for me after getting hurt.
Re: Getting Back Without Rushing It
I kept training other areas instead of completely stopping it helped mentally too.
Re: Getting Back Without Rushing It
Pain was my signal to modify the exercise not something I wanted to push through.
Re: Getting Back Without Rushing It
Adding weight slowly was boring but my confidence came back with it💪
Re: Getting Back Without Rushing It
Sleep and food mattered more during recovery than I expected.
Post Reply