Been playing around with my bench setup lately and realized I was leaving a ton on the table. Started getting my feet planted, driving through the floor, and keeping my upper back locked in. Bench already feels way more solid. Kinda crazy how much difference a few small setup tweaks can make. 
Yep. Setup matters way more than I thought.Danielmk wrote: ↑Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:08 am Been playing around with my bench setup lately and realized I was leaving a ton on the table. Started getting my feet planted, driving through the floor, and keeping my upper back locked in. Bench already feels way more solid. Kinda crazy how much difference a few small setup tweaks can make.![]()
I was the same way.
I’d unrack the weight and immediately lose all my tightness.
Leg drive finally clicked for me when I stopped thinking about “pushing the floor” and just focused on keeping my whole body tight. Bench felt way more connected after that.
Small changes can be huge on bench. I moved my feet back a little and got my upper back tighter and suddenly my sticking point wasn't nearly as bad.Danielmk wrote: ↑Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:08 am Been playing around with my bench setup lately and realized I was leaving a ton on the table. Started getting my feet planted, driving through the floor, and keeping my upper back locked in. Bench already feels way more solid. Kinda crazy how much difference a few small setup tweaks can make.![]()
That’s pretty much what happened with me. Nothing crazy changed, just cleaned up the setup and started actually using my legs. Feels like I’m getting more out of every rep now.
Man, I spent YEARS benching with my feet basically doing nothing. 
I think a lot of guys chase chest strength when the real problem is they're just leaking power everywhere. A solid setup makes the lift feel completely different.
I’m still working on it. My biggest problem is remembering to stay tight once the set gets heavy. First couple reps look good and then I start falling apart lol.Danielmk wrote: ↑Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:08 am Been playing around with my bench setup lately and realized I was leaving a ton on the table. Started getting my feet planted, driving through the floor, and keeping my upper back locked in. Bench already feels way more solid. Kinda crazy how much difference a few small setup tweaks can make.![]()
Funny how you can add exercises for months when the fix is literally just better technique.
