Trying to get lean without turning into a damn zombie.
How low do you guys usually take calories before your energy, strength, sleep or mood starts going downhill? Curious where you guys draw the line on an aggressive cut.
Once sleep starts getting wrecked, I know I pushed the cut too damn far.Castro8Parz wrote: āFri Sep 25, 2026 2:15 pm Trying to get lean without turning into a damn zombie.How low do you guys usually take calories before your energy, strength, sleep or mood starts going downhill? Curious where you guys draw the line on an aggressive cut.
Iād rather take a slower cut and keep training hard than slash calories and feel like trash 24/7.
For me, the first warning sign would be strength dropping across multiple workouts, not just having one crappy gym day.
Yeah, thatās kinda what Iām trying to figure out. I donāt mind being hungry during a cut, but when training starts feeling miserable and recovery goes to hell, thatās probably a sign to ease up.
I think people get way too obsessed with making the scale move every single week. Sometimes holding steady for a bit and keeping performance up is the smarter play.
Mood is a big one too. If somebody goes from āIām hungryā to āI hate everybody and everythingā
, probably time to rethink how aggressive the deficit is.
Slow and steady wins for me. Keep protein and lifting consistent, make small adjustments when progress stalls, and donāt turn the last few pounds into some miserable crash diet.
