With lifting, it’s easy to see progress when the weight on the bar goes up. Conditioning feels a little harder to judge. Do you guys watch your pace, finish workouts faster, get more rounds in, or just pay attention to how wrecked you feel afterward? What do you use to tell if your cardio is improving?
For me it’s mostly pace. If I can do the same workout faster without feeling like I’m about to die, I know I’m getting somewhere. 
I watch my heart rate more than anything. Same incline, same speed, lower average HR over time = pretty obvious improvement.ArsEdwin wrote: ↑Thu Sep 24, 2026 7:51 pm With lifting, it’s easy to see progress when the weight on the bar goes up. Conditioning feels a little harder to judge. Do you guys watch your pace, finish workouts faster, get more rounds in, or just pay attention to how wrecked you feel afterward? What do you use to tell if your cardio is improving?
I like using rounds. If I can get an extra couple rounds in while keeping the movements clean, that’s progress in my book.
Honestly, I can tell just by how fast I recover between sets. Used to be sucking wind forever after conditioning work. Now I’m ready to go again way quicker.
I keep a basic note in my phone with the workout, time, and distance. Nothing fancy. Looking back after a month or two makes the progress pretty damn obvious.
I’ve never been great at tracking cardio numbers, so I use the “can I hold a conversation?” test. If the same walk or bike session feels noticeably easier, I know my fitness is moving in the right direction.
Yeah, I like the idea of tracking a couple things instead of trying to measure everything. I’m probably gonna start logging time and pace, then occasionally check heart rate too. Makes conditioning feel a lot more measurable instead of just guessing based on how smoked I am.
