I started looking at weekly averages instead of stressing over one day of eating. Made bulking much less complicated.
I too had same experience here man a smaller surplus was much easier to manage than trying to force huge mealsNeXo_242 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 24, 2026 5:15 pm I used to think bulking meant simply eating as much as possible tghat mostly left me feeling sluggish without the progress I wanted. I started keeping a moderate calorie surplus and paying more attention to my weekly weight trend instead of forcing food every day getting enough protein became my main priority while carbs and fats were adjusted around what felt sustainable and supported my training and meal timing helped mainly with consistency. Having a few planned meals made it much easier for me to hit my calories without feeling like I was eating nonstop. The biggest change was realizing that the perfect meal schedule matters less than consistently hitting my overall nutrition targets.