I used to think bulking meant simply eating as much as possible tghat mostly left me feeling sluggish without the progress I wanted. I started keeping a moderate calorie surplus and paying more attention to my weekly weight trend instead of forcing food every day getting enough protein became my main priority while carbs and fats were adjusted around what felt sustainable and supported my training and meal timing helped mainly with consistency. Having a few planned meals made it much easier for me to hit my calories without feeling like I was eating nonstop. The biggest change was realizing that the perfect meal schedule matters less than consistently hitting my overall nutrition targets.
Man like tracking helped initially but I eventually learned what my normal portions look like Now I don’t have to measure everything forever.
I stopped worrying about eating at an exact time. Total intake and consistency seem much more important for me.
Mainly meal prep was probably the biggest practical change when food is already ready I’m much less likely to miss meals.
I learned that gaining weight too quickly doesn’t necessarily mean gaining muscle faster slowing things down worked better for me.
My appetite changes a lot so having calorie-dense foods available helps when I’m struggling to eat enoughNeXo_242 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 24, 2026 5:15 pm I used to think bulking meant simply eating as much as possible tghat mostly left me feeling sluggish without the progress I wanted. I started keeping a moderate calorie surplus and paying more attention to my weekly weight trend instead of forcing food every day getting enough protein became my main priority while carbs and fats were adjusted around what felt sustainable and supported my training and meal timing helped mainly with consistency. Having a few planned meals made it much easier for me to hit my calories without feeling like I was eating nonstop. The biggest change was realizing that the perfect meal schedule matters less than consistently hitting my overall nutrition targets.
I prefer four decent meals over constantly snacking it's much easier on my appetite and schedule.
Carbs around training made a noticeable difference in how I felt during harder sessions.

Protein was the easiest macro for me to keep consistent everything else became easier once that was covered.