Not gonna lie, this meal has been on repeat lately.
Lean ground beef, jasmine rice, whatever veggies are sitting in the fridge, and a bunch of seasoning. Nothing fancy, but it’s cheap, easy to meal prep and gets the job done when I need to get the calories in.
Beef and rice never gets old.KevinK47 wrote: ↑Fri Sep 18, 2026 5:20 pm Not gonna lie, this meal has been on repeat lately.Lean ground beef, jasmine rice, whatever veggies are sitting in the fridge, and a bunch of seasoning. Nothing fancy, but it’s cheap, easy to meal prep and gets the job done when I need to get the calories in.
That’s basically my go-to bulk meal too. Easy to cook a big batch on Sunday and I don’t have to think about food every few hours.
Jasmine rice is the move. Digests easy for me and I can actually eat a decent amount without feeling stuffed.
I switch up the seasoning so I don’t get sick of it. Taco seasoning one day, garlic and pepper the next, then some soy sauce/chili situation. Same basic meal but tastes totally different.KevinK47 wrote: ↑Fri Sep 18, 2026 5:20 pm Not gonna lie, this meal has been on repeat lately.Lean ground beef, jasmine rice, whatever veggies are sitting in the fridge, and a bunch of seasoning. Nothing fancy, but it’s cheap, easy to meal prep and gets the job done when I need to get the calories in.
I’ve been adding eggs to mine lately. Beef, rice, eggs, veggies… not exactly restaurant food but damn, it hits when you’re hungry after training.
Meal prep is what makes it work for me. I’ll cook a big pan of beef and a rice cooker full of rice, portion everything out, and I’m basically set for a few days. Way easier than trying to figure out what I’m eating when I’m already starving.
Simple meals are underrated during a bulk. Everybody wants some crazy recipe with 15 ingredients, meanwhile beef and rice takes like 10 minutes and gets the calories in without a bunch of nonsense.