I’m curious though have you guys actually seen your regular squat numbers go up from doing them or are they more useful for technique and getting stronger out of the hole?
Started throwing paused squats into my leg days lately and holy shit, they make lighter weight feel heavy. 
I’m curious though have you guys actually seen your regular squat numbers go up from doing them or are they more useful for technique and getting stronger out of the hole?
I’m curious though have you guys actually seen your regular squat numbers go up from doing them or are they more useful for technique and getting stronger out of the hole?
100% worth it. My squat feels tighter now.ArsEdwin wrote: ↑Mon Sep 14, 2026 2:58 pm Started throwing paused squats into my leg days lately and holy shit, they make lighter weight feel heavy.
I’m curious though have you guys actually seen your regular squat numbers go up from doing them or are they more useful for technique and getting stronger out of the hole?
Bro, they are brutalArsEdwin wrote: ↑Mon Sep 14, 2026 2:58 pm Started throwing paused squats into my leg days lately and holy shit, they make lighter weight feel heavy.
I’m curious though have you guys actually seen your regular squat numbers go up from doing them or are they more useful for technique and getting stronger out of the hole?
I use them mostly as an accessory. Couple sets after my regular squats and call it a day.
For me, the biggest benefit was coming out of the hole. I used to lose tension down there and the pause made that weakness pretty obvious.ArsEdwin wrote: ↑Mon Sep 14, 2026 2:58 pm Started throwing paused squats into my leg days lately and holy shit, they make lighter weight feel heavy.
I’m curious though have you guys actually seen your regular squat numbers go up from doing them or are they more useful for technique and getting stronger out of the hole?
I actually like them when I’m trying to clean up my form. You can’t really rush the rep or bounce out of the bottom, so you’re forced to stay tight.
They definitely humbled me lol. I thought I was gonna handle way more weight than I actually could. Once I stopped worrying about the numbers and focused on a clean pause, they started feeling a lot more useful.
Not sure they added a ton to my 1RM, but my regular squat definitely feels smoother. Less of that survive the bottom feeling.
I’m gonna keep them in for a bit. Seems like the biggest win is getting stronger and more comfortable in that bottom position without having to load the bar like crazy. If my regular squat moves up too, that’s just a bonus.
