How Do You Keep Making Progress?
I used to think progressive overload meant adding weight every single workout but that approach eventually caught up with me. Now I focus on improving reps, technique, control and load gradually while giving myself enough recovery. Curious how everyone else approaches progression during bodybuilding training?
Re: How Do You Keep Making Progress?
Adding reps before adding weight works really well for me it keeps progression steady without forcing heavier loads too quickly.
Re: How Do You Keep Making Progress?
Man better form is progress too A cleaner rep with the same weight can be more valuable than rushing to add plates.💪🏻
Re: How Do You Keep Making Progress?
I stopped trying to PR every session nd consistent progress over months has worked much better for me.
Re: How Do You Keep Making Progress?
I started tracking every workout and it made a huge difference. Seeing small improvements on paper keeps me motivated🏋️🏋️
Re: How Do You Keep Making Progress?
Tayeb8 wrote: ↑Tue Sep 01, 2026 7:40 pm I used to think progressive overload meant adding weight every single workout but that approach eventually caught up with me. Now I focus on improving reps, technique, control and load gradually while giving myself enough recovery. Curious how everyone else approaches progression during bodybuilding training?
Sometimes adding an extra quality set is enough progression bro💪
Re: How Do You Keep Making Progress?
Recovery is a big part of progressive overload. It doesn't always have to mean more weight.
Re: How Do You Keep Making Progress?
I like using a rep range and gradually working toward the top of it. Once that feels soliid I increase the weight and build back up.
Re: How Do You Keep Making Progress?
Patience made the biggest difference for me yeah 👍
Re: How Do You Keep Making Progress?
Broo even a small improvements repeated consistently eventually turn into serious gains.
Post Reply