Page 1 of 2

Fasted Cardio is Actually Better or Just Easier to Believe?

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 12:03 pm
by blakegr45
I’ve gone back and forth on this one a bunch of times. Some mornings I’ll do cardio before eating, other times I’ll have a meal first and honestly I haven’t noticed some huge difference in fat loss either way. The fasted sessions feel like they’re doing more, but that could just be in my head. 😂 What are you guys doing during a cut? Anyone actually notice a real difference or is this one of those gym debates that refuses to die?

Re: Fasted Cardio is Actually Better or Just Easier to Believe?

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 12:35 pm
by MartinRbrt
blakegr45 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2026 12:03 pm I’ve gone back and forth on this one a bunch of times. Some mornings I’ll do cardio before eating, other times I’ll have a meal first and honestly I haven’t noticed some huge difference in fat loss either way. The fasted sessions feel like they’re doing more, but that could just be in my head. 😂 What are you guys doing during a cut? Anyone actually notice a real difference or is this one of those gym debates that refuses to die?
I’ve never noticed a meaningful difference either. I just do whichever one fits my schedule that day.

Re: Fasted Cardio is Actually Better or Just Easier to Believe?

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 12:43 pm
by NathanWld
Fasted works better for me mainly because I can get it outta the way before work. If I eat first, suddenly cardio becomes maybe tomorrow. 😂

Re: Fasted Cardio is Actually Better or Just Easier to Believe?

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:32 pm
by MorganD2
blakegr45 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2026 12:03 pm I’ve gone back and forth on this one a bunch of times. Some mornings I’ll do cardio before eating, other times I’ll have a meal first and honestly I haven’t noticed some huge difference in fat loss either way. The fasted sessions feel like they’re doing more, but that could just be in my head. 😂 What are you guys doing during a cut? Anyone actually notice a real difference or is this one of those gym debates that refuses to die?
I tried fasted for a couple months and felt like absolute crap some mornings. Switched to a small meal beforehand and my sessions got way better.

Re: Fasted Cardio is Actually Better or Just Easier to Believe?

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:52 pm
by SwapNH
I think consistency beats all the little tricks. If you’re in a deficit and getting your cardio done every week, I wouldn’t stress over whether breakfast happened first.

Re: Fasted Cardio is Actually Better or Just Easier to Believe?

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 4:28 pm
by Mark_HNR
The only thing I really notice with fasted cardio is that I feel lighter. Scale-wise? Not enough difference to convince me it matters.

Re: Fasted Cardio is Actually Better or Just Easier to Believe?

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:54 pm
by blakegr45
That’s pretty much where I’m at. I like the routine of doing it fasted, but I’m starting to think I mostly like it because it’s quiet, quick, and nobody is texting me at 6 AM. 😂

Re: Fasted Cardio is Actually Better or Just Easier to Believe?

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 6:13 pm
by Sammd1
I’ll take a coffee, headphones, and 30 minutes on the incline treadmill over trying to overthink the timing. Get sweaty, go home, eat. Done.

Re: Fasted Cardio is Actually Better or Just Easier to Believe?

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 7:05 pm
by Gpowell445
I usually train after eating because my energy is noticeably better. Maybe fasted works great for some guys, but I’d rather have a decent session than force the empty stomach thing.

Re: Fasted Cardio is Actually Better or Just Easier to Believe?

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 7:42 pm
by ATylor81n
This debate has been around forever lol. Meanwhile the dude who just walks 8–10k steps every day is probably not even thinking about it.