Page 1 of 1

Anyone Else Finally Taking Warm-Ups Seriously?

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:08 pm
by Michael D
I used to walk in, throw some plates on, and get straight to work. 😂 Lately I’ve been spending 5–10 minutes getting my shoulders, hips, and knees moving first. Nothing fancy, but I definitely feel better once the heavy sets start.

Re: Anyone Else Finally Taking Warm-Ups Seriously?

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:25 pm
by Gguntherr
Michael D wrote: ↑Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:08 pm I used to walk in, throw some plates on, and get straight to work. 😂 Lately I’ve been spending 5–10 minutes getting my shoulders, hips, and knees moving first. Nothing fancy, but I definitely feel better once the heavy sets start.
Same here. I used to call warm-ups a waste of time until my shoulders started disagreeing with me. 😂

Re: Anyone Else Finally Taking Warm-Ups Seriously?

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:37 pm
by MarcusJu77y
I keep mine pretty simple now. A few minutes of walking, some movement work, then lighter sets of whatever I’m training. Nothing crazy, just enough to get the body switched on.

Re: Anyone Else Finally Taking Warm-Ups Seriously?

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:01 pm
by ATylor81n
Warm-up sets are honestly my favorite part now. You can usually tell pretty quick if everything is moving right before you start loading the bar heavy.

Re: Anyone Else Finally Taking Warm-Ups Seriously?

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:20 pm
by Coddy992
I’m terrible at warming up when I’m in a hurry. Then halfway through the workout I’m wondering why everything feels stiff. 🤦‍♂️

Re: Anyone Else Finally Taking Warm-Ups Seriously?

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:58 pm
by Michael D
That was basically me. 😂 I’d be rushing to the heavy sets and wondering why my first couple working sets felt like garbage. Taking a few extra minutes has made a pretty noticeable difference.

Re: Anyone Else Finally Taking Warm-Ups Seriously?

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:26 pm
by Jksmith11
Especially on leg day. I need my hips and knees moving before I even think about putting real weight on the bar.

Re: Anyone Else Finally Taking Warm-Ups Seriously?

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:56 pm
by Parker48
I’ve started doing the same thing and honestly it makes the whole session feel smoother. I’m not doing some elaborate 30-minute mobility routine either. Just a little movement, a few warm-up sets, and I’m good to go.

Re: Anyone Else Finally Taking Warm-Ups Seriously?

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 11:06 pm
by Paulkt5
Funny how we’ll spend an hour lifting but act like 5 minutes of warming up is somehow too much. 😂 Definitely worth it if it keeps you feeling good throughout the workout.