Page 1 of 2

Getting Back Without Rushing It

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 3:11 pm
by PhysiqueCraftmen
Coming back after an injury taught me that feeling better doesn’t always mean you’re ready to train normally again I had to reduce the weight slow down my reps & rebuild confidence in the movement. Taking a little longer to progress was frustrating but it was better than constantly irritating the same area. For me the goal became training consistently again rather than proving how strong I was.

Re: Getting Back Without Rushing It

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 3:12 pm
by Tes69-0
Going lighter helped me focus on technique instead of just getting the weight up.

Re: Getting Back Without Rushing It

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 3:13 pm
by IronJourney
I learned not to compare my comeback to where I was before the injury.

Re: Getting Back Without Rushing It

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 3:13 pm
by 97CHAMP
My physio had me rebuild range of motion before worrying about heavier loads.

Re: Getting Back Without Rushing It

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 3:14 pm
by WrongMan
I filmed some sets & seeing my movement helped me catch things I couldn’t feel.

Re: Getting Back Without Rushing It

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 3:15 pm
by Fitfan Williams
Man warm-ups became much more important for me after getting hurt.

Re: Getting Back Without Rushing It

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 3:15 pm
by Jameson
I kept training other areas instead of completely stopping it helped mentally too.

Re: Getting Back Without Rushing It

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 3:16 pm
by Ap.bigbull
Pain was my signal to modify the exercise not something I wanted to push through.

Re: Getting Back Without Rushing It

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 3:18 pm
by Westley.camp
Adding weight slowly was boring but my confidence came back with it💪

Re: Getting Back Without Rushing It

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 3:19 pm
by NOLAN
Sleep and food mattered more during recovery than I expected.