Page 1 of 2

Bench Finally Feels Strong Again

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:08 am
by Danielmk
Been playing around with my bench setup lately and realized I was leaving a ton on the table. Started getting my feet planted, driving through the floor, and keeping my upper back locked in. Bench already feels way more solid. Kinda crazy how much difference a few small setup tweaks can make. ๐Ÿ˜…

Re: Bench Finally Feels Strong Again

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:15 am
by KevinK47
Danielmk wrote: โ†‘Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:08 am Been playing around with my bench setup lately and realized I was leaving a ton on the table. Started getting my feet planted, driving through the floor, and keeping my upper back locked in. Bench already feels way more solid. Kinda crazy how much difference a few small setup tweaks can make. ๐Ÿ˜…
Yep. Setup matters way more than I thought.

Re: Bench Finally Feels Strong Again

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:01 am
by Derrynkp
I was the same way. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™d unrack the weight and immediately lose all my tightness.

Re: Bench Finally Feels Strong Again

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:22 am
by VictoryPr
Leg drive finally clicked for me when I stopped thinking about โ€œpushing the floorโ€ and just focused on keeping my whole body tight. Bench felt way more connected after that.

Re: Bench Finally Feels Strong Again

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:23 am
by TimKP
Danielmk wrote: โ†‘Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:08 am Been playing around with my bench setup lately and realized I was leaving a ton on the table. Started getting my feet planted, driving through the floor, and keeping my upper back locked in. Bench already feels way more solid. Kinda crazy how much difference a few small setup tweaks can make. ๐Ÿ˜…
Small changes can be huge on bench. I moved my feet back a little and got my upper back tighter and suddenly my sticking point wasn't nearly as bad.

Re: Bench Finally Feels Strong Again

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:59 am
by Danielmk
Thatโ€™s pretty much what happened with me. Nothing crazy changed, just cleaned up the setup and started actually using my legs. Feels like Iโ€™m getting more out of every rep now.

Re: Bench Finally Feels Strong Again

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 12:39 pm
by Mark_HNR
Man, I spent YEARS benching with my feet basically doing nothing. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Re: Bench Finally Feels Strong Again

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 1:58 pm
by Ltjacob33
I think a lot of guys chase chest strength when the real problem is they're just leaking power everywhere. A solid setup makes the lift feel completely different.

Re: Bench Finally Feels Strong Again

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 2:10 pm
by Tripple333
Danielmk wrote: โ†‘Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:08 am Been playing around with my bench setup lately and realized I was leaving a ton on the table. Started getting my feet planted, driving through the floor, and keeping my upper back locked in. Bench already feels way more solid. Kinda crazy how much difference a few small setup tweaks can make. ๐Ÿ˜…
Iโ€™m still working on it. My biggest problem is remembering to stay tight once the set gets heavy. First couple reps look good and then I start falling apart lol.

Re: Bench Finally Feels Strong Again

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 2:27 pm
by LaunHu90
Funny how you can add exercises for months when the fix is literally just better technique.