Page 1 of 1

Are Steps Lowkey Better Than More Cardio?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 5:14 pm
by Gguntherr
I used to think fat loss meant adding more cardio, but lately I’ve been paying way more attention to how much I actually move during the day. Getting 8–10k steps in doesn’t feel like cardio, but it adds up without leaving my legs wrecked. I started tracking my steps a few months back and was honestly surprised by how little I moved on busy workdays. 😂 Anyone else keeping an eye on daily steps or do you guys just rely on gym cardio?

Re: Are Steps Lowkey Better Than More Cardio?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 5:30 pm
by ArsEdwin
Steps are huge for me. I’d rather get a solid walk in every day than destroy myself with HIIT 4 times a week. 😂

Re: Are Steps Lowkey Better Than More Cardio?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 5:56 pm
by BorishBB67
Gguntherr wrote: ↑Fri Sep 18, 2026 5:14 pm I used to think fat loss meant adding more cardio, but lately I’ve been paying way more attention to how much I actually move during the day. Getting 8–10k steps in doesn’t feel like cardio, but it adds up without leaving my legs wrecked. I started tracking my steps a few months back and was honestly surprised by how little I moved on busy workdays. 😂 Anyone else keeping an eye on daily steps or do you guys just rely on gym cardio?
Same. I started parking farther away, taking the stairs and walking during lunch. Nothing crazy, but those little things stack up.

Re: Are Steps Lowkey Better Than More Cardio?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 6:57 pm
by Victo-r21
I’m guilty of barely moving on workdays. 😂 Gym session looks great on my tracker and then I realize I sat on my ass for the other 12 hours.

Re: Are Steps Lowkey Better Than More Cardio?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 7:36 pm
by Sammd1
I like steps because they don’t beat me up. When I’m dieting and already trying to keep my lifts strong, adding a ton of hard cardio can make recovery pretty rough.

Re: Are Steps Lowkey Better Than More Cardio?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 7:59 pm
by Gguntherr
This is exactly what I’ve been noticing. Once I started watching my daily steps, I realized there were days where I trained hard but barely moved otherwise. Now I just try to get up and walk more throughout the day instead of automatically adding another cardio session.

Re: Are Steps Lowkey Better Than More Cardio?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 8:33 pm
by WalkerT66
I don’t obsess over hitting exactly 10k, but having a step target keeps me from turning into a couch potato after work. 😂 Makes staying active way more automatic.

Re: Are Steps Lowkey Better Than More Cardio?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 9:48 pm
by Paulkt5
Big fan of walking during a cut. Throw on some music or a podcast and just knock out a few walks. Way easier to stay consistent with that than trying to redline the bike every damn day.