Page 1 of 1

Coming Off Cycle How Do You Hold Onto Your Progress?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 5:04 pm
by PoulRBX
Once PCT is done, I know some drop-off is pretty normal. But I’m curious what actually helped you guys keep your strength and as much muscle as possible afterward. Training, diet, recovery or just giving it time?

Re: Coming Off Cycle How Do You Hold Onto Your Progress?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 5:22 pm
by HoldenRK
PoulRBX wrote: ↑Fri Sep 18, 2026 5:04 pm Once PCT is done, I know some drop-off is pretty normal. But I’m curious what actually helped you guys keep your strength and as much muscle as possible afterward. Training, diet, recovery or just giving it time?
Honestly, diet is huge. If calories and protein are all over the place, it’s gonna be harder to hold onto anything.

Re: Coming Off Cycle How Do You Hold Onto Your Progress?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 5:42 pm
by Jksmith11
I’d rather keep training heavy but cut some of the junk volume. No point trying to set PRs every damn week when your recovery is changing.

Re: Coming Off Cycle How Do You Hold Onto Your Progress?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 5:53 pm
by BDCorey57
Sleep, sleep, sleep. 😂 People wanna talk about every supplement under the sun but then get 5 hours a night.

Re: Coming Off Cycle How Do You Hold Onto Your Progress?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 6:33 pm
by Jodyprzk56678
PoulRBX wrote: ↑Fri Sep 18, 2026 5:04 pm Once PCT is done, I know some drop-off is pretty normal. But I’m curious what actually helped you guys keep your strength and as much muscle as possible afterward. Training, diet, recovery or just giving it time?
I think the biggest mistake is panicking when the scale drops. Some of that initial weight isn’t gonna be actual muscle, so I wouldn’t freak out over every pound.

Re: Coming Off Cycle How Do You Hold Onto Your Progress?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 7:21 pm
by ReusScott09
Keeping protein high and sticking with the basics worked better for me than constantly changing my program. Squat, bench, rows, presses, whatever you’re already progressing on just keep training consistently.

Re: Coming Off Cycle How Do You Hold Onto Your Progress?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 8:00 pm
by NormanK47
I’d also watch the cardio. Nothing wrong with doing it, obviously, but if you suddenly go from barely any cardio to hammering it every day while eating less, recovery can get rough.

Re: Coming Off Cycle How Do You Hold Onto Your Progress?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 8:34 pm
by Danielmk
For me the mental part would probably be the hardest. You see the scale move down and immediately think you’re losing all your gains. Gotta look at strength, measurements, photos, and how you’re actually performing instead of obsessing over one number.

Re: Coming Off Cycle How Do You Hold Onto Your Progress?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 9:04 pm
by Gpowell445
A slower approach makes more sense to me. Keep food quality decent, get enough protein, train consistently, recover properly, and give your body time to settle. Trying to “save” every bit of size by doing more usually just adds fatigue.

Re: Coming Off Cycle How Do You Hold Onto Your Progress?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 9:47 pm
by PoulRBX
Yeah, this is pretty much what I was trying to figure out. I think I’ve been too focused on the scale and not enough on keeping my training and recovery consistent. The point about not freaking out over the first bit of weight loss makes a lot of sense.