Page 1 of 1

Check engine light came on before a trip, got it sorted same day

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 6:27 am
by imeldawhicher
I was supposed to drive to Al Ain for a family thing last Friday and of course the night before my 2018 Cherokee threw a check engine light and started idling weird. I was panicking because I did not want to cancel and I also did not want to drive it if something was seriously wrong. Most places I called said they could not look at it until the following week, which was no help at all. A neighbor told me about a shop in Mussafah that does a Quick Jeep mechanic service and said they were pretty good about squeezing people in for diagnostics. I called them first thing in the morning, dropped the car off, and they had it scanned and fixed by early afternoon. Turned out to be a faulty ignition coil, nothing major, but they also checked the plugs and did not try to sell me anything extra. The whole thing cost less than I expected and I made it to Al Ain on time. Honestly a huge relief. Just wanted to share in case anyone else is stuck with a last minute issue and does not know where to go.