Regret not doing my bathroom sooner, here's my experience
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2026 1:21 pm
Honestly I put off remodeling our hallway bathroom for almost four years because I kept hearing how awful contractors are and I didn't want the stress. Finally bit the bullet this past fall after my wife threatened to redo it herself with a YouTube tutorial, and I have to say the reality was way less dramatic than the horror stories. What helped most was getting everything in writing up front, timeline, payment schedule, who handles permits, all of it. One thing I learned the hard way is that the cheapest bid is usually cheap for a reason, so don't just go with whoever quotes lowest. Also worth poking around sites like this one click here before you commit to anyone, there's more useful info out there than I realized once I actually started looking.