Page 1 of 2

Anybody Else Mixing WOD-Style Conditioning Into Their Lifting?

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 6:05 pm
by MartinRbrt
I’m not a CrossFit guy, but I’ve been stealing a few of those short, nasty WOD-style workouts for conditioning. 😂 They’ll smoke you without taking an hour and my endurance has definitely improved. Anyone else mixing this kind of stuff into their normal gym routine?

Re: Anybody Else Mixing WOD-Style Conditioning Into Their Lifting?

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 6:17 pm
by ReusScott09
MartinRbrt wrote: ↑Tue Sep 15, 2026 6:05 pm I’m not a CrossFit guy, but I’ve been stealing a few of those short, nasty WOD-style workouts for conditioning. 😂 They’ll smoke you without taking an hour and my endurance has definitely improved. Anyone else mixing this kind of stuff into their normal gym routine?
I do something similar. Short conditioning sessions have helped my cardio without eating up my whole day.

Re: Anybody Else Mixing WOD-Style Conditioning Into Their Lifting?

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 6:44 pm
by Kristo4Hankins
I’m a bodybuilding guy, but I’ll steal anything that works 😂. Sleds, kettlebells, rower… all good stuff when you keep it under control.

Re: Anybody Else Mixing WOD-Style Conditioning Into Their Lifting?

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 7:17 pm
by ATylor81n
Tried one after a heavy leg session once. Never again. My lungs were filing a formal complaint. 😂

Re: Anybody Else Mixing WOD-Style Conditioning Into Their Lifting?

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 7:28 pm
by Coddy992
Honestly, I prefer these over long boring cardio. Give me 15 minutes of hard work and I’m good.

Re: Anybody Else Mixing WOD-Style Conditioning Into Their Lifting?

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 8:18 pm
by MorganD2
MartinRbrt wrote: ↑Tue Sep 15, 2026 6:05 pm I’m not a CrossFit guy, but I’ve been stealing a few of those short, nasty WOD-style workouts for conditioning. 😂 They’ll smoke you without taking an hour and my endurance has definitely improved. Anyone else mixing this kind of stuff into their normal gym routine?
I’ve been doing one or two sessions a week. Nothing crazy. My conditioning is definitely better, especially when I’m doing higher-rep leg work.

Re: Anybody Else Mixing WOD-Style Conditioning Into Their Lifting?

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 8:38 pm
by Heislertm1
MartinRbrt wrote: ↑Tue Sep 15, 2026 6:05 pm I’m not a CrossFit guy, but I’ve been stealing a few of those short, nasty WOD-style workouts for conditioning. 😂 They’ll smoke you without taking an hour and my endurance has definitely improved. Anyone else mixing this kind of stuff into their normal gym routine?
The recovery part is what gets me. If I’m already training hard 5 days a week, adding a bunch of WODs just leaves me cooked. Gotta find that sweet spot.

Re: Anybody Else Mixing WOD-Style Conditioning Into Their Lifting?

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 8:54 pm
by ArsEdwin
Sled pushes are money for this. Brutal, simple, and you don’t need some complicated workout written on a whiteboard lol.

Re: Anybody Else Mixing WOD-Style Conditioning Into Their Lifting?

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 9:12 pm
by SwapNH
I started adding short circuits at the end of my upper-body days. Usually 10–15 minutes and I’m out. Surprisingly, it hasn’t hurt my lifting as long as I don’t turn every session into a death match.

Re: Anybody Else Mixing WOD-Style Conditioning Into Their Lifting?

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 10:11 pm
by KevinK47
I used to think conditioning meant hopping on the treadmill for 30–40 minutes. Now I’d much rather mix in carries, sled work, bike intervals or some kettlebell stuff. Feels more athletic and I don’t get bored halfway through.