Page 1 of 1

Paused Squats - Game Changer or Just Brutal?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 2:58 pm
by ArsEdwin
Started throwing paused squats into my leg days lately and holy shit, they make lighter weight feel heavy. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Iโ€™m curious though have you guys actually seen your regular squat numbers go up from doing them or are they more useful for technique and getting stronger out of the hole?

Re: Paused Squats - Game Changer or Just Brutal?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 3:34 pm
by Heislertm1
ArsEdwin wrote: โ†‘Mon Sep 14, 2026 2:58 pm Started throwing paused squats into my leg days lately and holy shit, they make lighter weight feel heavy. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Iโ€™m curious though have you guys actually seen your regular squat numbers go up from doing them or are they more useful for technique and getting stronger out of the hole?
100% worth it. My squat feels tighter now.

Re: Paused Squats - Game Changer or Just Brutal?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 4:08 pm
by BorishBB67
ArsEdwin wrote: โ†‘Mon Sep 14, 2026 2:58 pm Started throwing paused squats into my leg days lately and holy shit, they make lighter weight feel heavy. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Iโ€™m curious though have you guys actually seen your regular squat numbers go up from doing them or are they more useful for technique and getting stronger out of the hole?
Bro, they are brutal ๐Ÿ˜‚. First time I tried them I had to strip a bunch of weight off the bar. Ego definitely took a hit.

Re: Paused Squats - Game Changer or Just Brutal?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 5:51 pm
by BDCorey57
I use them mostly as an accessory. Couple sets after my regular squats and call it a day.

Re: Paused Squats - Game Changer or Just Brutal?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 6:51 pm
by Tripple333
ArsEdwin wrote: โ†‘Mon Sep 14, 2026 2:58 pm Started throwing paused squats into my leg days lately and holy shit, they make lighter weight feel heavy. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Iโ€™m curious though have you guys actually seen your regular squat numbers go up from doing them or are they more useful for technique and getting stronger out of the hole?
For me, the biggest benefit was coming out of the hole. I used to lose tension down there and the pause made that weakness pretty obvious.

Re: Paused Squats - Game Changer or Just Brutal?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 7:37 pm
by M34Daniel
I actually like them when Iโ€™m trying to clean up my form. You canโ€™t really rush the rep or bounce out of the bottom, so youโ€™re forced to stay tight.

Re: Paused Squats - Game Changer or Just Brutal?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 8:38 pm
by BobbyRay
They definitely humbled me lol. I thought I was gonna handle way more weight than I actually could. Once I stopped worrying about the numbers and focused on a clean pause, they started feeling a lot more useful.

Re: Paused Squats - Game Changer or Just Brutal?

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 12:45 am
by LaunHu90
Not sure they added a ton to my 1RM, but my regular squat definitely feels smoother. Less of that survive the bottom feeling.

Re: Paused Squats - Game Changer or Just Brutal?

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 4:28 pm
by ArsEdwin
Iโ€™m gonna keep them in for a bit. Seems like the biggest win is getting stronger and more comfortable in that bottom position without having to load the bar like crazy. If my regular squat moves up too, thatโ€™s just a bonus.