Page 1 of 1

Ever Tried Weighted Carries for Conditioning?

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 5:27 pm
by MarcusJu77y
Farmer’s walks, sandbag carries, sled pulls been adding them lately and my endurance shot up. Anyone else doing these for functional stamina?

Re: Ever Tried Weighted Carries for Conditioning?

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 6:51 pm
by RLeejan31
Farmer walks are brutal. In a good way 😂

Re: Ever Tried Weighted Carries for Conditioning?

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 7:22 pm
by ReusScott09
I’m big on sled pushes. I’ll do a few hard rounds and call it a day. Way more engaging than staring at a treadmill timer.

Re: Ever Tried Weighted Carries for Conditioning?

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 8:40 pm
by NormanK47
Sandbag carries humbled me real quick. 😂 You can be strong as hell on a barbell and then get wrecked by an awkward 150-lb bag. Great for conditioning though.

Re: Ever Tried Weighted Carries for Conditioning?

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 10:07 pm
by MorganD2
I started adding loaded carries twice a week and noticed my work capacity improving pretty fast. My rest periods between sets got shorter without me forcing it, and even my grip started feeling stronger.

Re: Ever Tried Weighted Carries for Conditioning?

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2026 4:33 pm
by Riley-King
Sled pulls >>>>
Especially when I’m trying to get some conditioning in without adding a ton of extra fatigue from running.

Re: Ever Tried Weighted Carries for Conditioning?

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2026 6:45 pm
by MarcusJu77y
Yeah, that’s pretty much why I got into them. I was getting bored with regular cardio, and carries actually feel like I’m training instead of just doing cardio. 😂

Re: Ever Tried Weighted Carries for Conditioning?

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2026 8:34 pm
by PoulRBX
I rotate them depending on what I trained that day. Farmer carries when I want grip/traps, sled work when I want to push conditioning, and sandbags when I feel like making life unnecessarily difficult. 😂